Sunday, September 21, 2008

Brush with Fame!

Chicago has experienced a "spot" of rain this weekend!! 8 inches in our neighborhood, which for us, is quite a bit!! Lots of flooding, but for MOI….a blessing in disguise. Now that both boys are away, hubby, Jeff looks FORWARD to attending all the Northwestern football games with MOI! Of course, they are fun..but, he likes to GO EARLY, and since most games start at 11:00 a.m., that means leaving at 9:00 a.m. for Tailgating, which actually means that I have to get everything ready BEFORE 9:00 a.m. and then returning home around 4:00 p.m. Pretty much shoots the day! And when you are a working Gal….those Saturdays are VERY IMPORTANT for SHOPPING!!!! But, after 28 years of marriage, I know that this is not NEGOTIABLE!!! So, I smile, don my "Purple" attire (actually, lots to choose from this season!!!) and make the best of it! You can imagine my thoughts as I awoke to the torrential downpour that had been going on all night. I greeted Jeff with a cheerful "what time do you want to leave?" It was all I could do to smile. I could see Jeff was thinking….Maybe skip the Tailgate and go at 10:00 a.m. (10:00 a.m. and do what?? Sit in the rain for an additional hour???!!), but remained cheerful..O.K…what ever you say. Showered and washed my hair, about to put on make-up and thought, WHY BOTHER…it is pouring outside and I will be so wet…

Went downstairs to find Jeff surveying the yard (which by now is underwater) and the street, no flooding there yet, but the TV was announcing that parts of the local expressway were closed. I SAY NOTHING…..Jeff flips the channels and finds that the Game will be shown on the Big 10 network! YES! I STILL SAY NOTHING….I try to remain casual…get the "To Go" cups for coffee…"What time, honey??" Then, the most AMAZING thing comes out of his mouth…..I think it is too dangerous (dangerous??) to be driving around today, with all the streets flooding…so let's skip the game! I try to contain my GLEE! REMAIN CASUAL! Oh, o.k., I may just try to run a few errands then!!!!! OFF I WENT!!

It is so wonderful to have a "free day!" Of course, before this, had no time to get the manicure/pedicure that I was desperate for-so I called around and found someone free at a local salon! HOORAY! Then, just another run over to Carson's to check out more of the Victor line…it really is FABULOUS! I had received a mailer on SHOES, JEWELRY AND HANDBAGS…missed those before or maybe they weren't in the store yet…anyway….had to check them out for MOI or rather for YOU!!!

As I entered the store, I heard this man talking about Career dressing on a microphone…what's this??? A Fashion Show at Carson's???? I couldn't believe it…Did I mention my attire?? It truly was raining…so, I had on this 7/8th hooded YELLOW rain slicker and then my favorite rain boots from the Paul Smith collection 2004. They have a wild pattern on them and I LOVE THEM! I was wearing a skirt, so basically all you could see was the rain slicker and boots…quite fetching! Oh, did I mention I had my wallet, phone and keys in a Ziploc plastic bag…couldn't take a chance on ruining my FAB Handbags!!!! So, I wandered over to see what was going on and THERE in CARSON'S was Lloyd Boston, Fashion Style Expert, who is the spokesperson for Jones New York and written a book on fashion. I had just seen him on a Oprah re-run a few weeks ago and there…there he was only steps away!!!! I stayed to watch the rest of the show and then headed over to the handbags…which are FABULOUS by the way. The oversized clutch has a V at the closure…which really could be possibly confused with V for VALENTINO and I think you should just make the assumption that it is the LATTER! BUY IT NOW!

As I was paying…I happened to notice Mr. Boston (who is very cute, with a nice smile and much shorter in person than he looked on TV) was walking right past MOI! So, I just stood there, smiled and welcomed him to Chicago (He had luggage, so I assumed he wasn't from CHI-TOWN). I pointed to my ensemble and said that this is fashion in Chicago! He smiled and said, "LOVE THE POINTY-TOED WELLIES!!"

Thought you might enjoy the recipes on this link from WALGREEN's! Who knew they have recipes on their eblast!

Friend, Lori Witz, formerly of Chicago, now of Hilton Head Fame and well-known fashionista was visiting this week. Of course, we met to chat and SHOP!!!! I showed here those very cute booties from Payless and she was hooked!!! And she was wearing a very cute Black Anorak from the Simply Vera Line at KOHL'S! I went online and bought it ASAP! It is adorable!!!!

And I have to tell you all again to got to TARJAY! The Mossimo pointy toed raspberry-toned patent leather (or pleather) ballet flats are such a hit! I wore them this week and EVERY person I met commented on how FAB they were! Plus, the Mary Janes, with ruffle detail in a lavender color appeared in a fashion segment in a local newspaper…..Need I say anything MORE!

I am so glad life is so engaging. I often marvel at the WEALTH of material I have to work with each week!

Kisses, P

No comments: